Learn the 'must knows' of batteries
This course is intended for anyone working on commercial or industrial projects that require batteries, anyone who is selling, purchasing, tendering for or executing a project involving batteries for standby DC or AC power system applications.
- Basics of batteries
- Types of batteries
- Applications for each type
- Operating principle/Chemical reactions
- Lead-acid batteries
- Nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Relative discharge characteristics
- Comparison of different types of lead acid batteries
- Comparison of different types of Ni-Cd batteries
- Comparison of different types of lithium batteries
This course is not for
This course is not for domestic applications of batteries, nor is it about installing or maintaining batteries.