Mitchell is an expert in Demand Response technologies with an Engineering Doctorate, Master of Science in Renewable Energy, Master of Communications, and a Bachelor of Commerce. He has over 20 years project management experience, including project-managing commercial and future-focused Vehicle-to-Grid smart grid Demand Response projects in the UK, up to £1.5m. Mitchell also specialises in the analysis of potential new sites for Demand Response suitability and has developed tools to support rapid assessments. Mitchell helps clients assess new market opportunities and provides project management support.
- 2019 Foundation Certificate in Agile, British Computer Society
- 2017 PRINCE2 2017 - Practitioner Certification, renewal (Foundation held since 2006)
- 2014 - 2018 EngD (Engineering Doctorate), part-time study, completing 2018, University of Reading
- 2016 Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager course, Energy Institute (UK)
- 2013 Master of Science in Renewable Energy, University of Reading, awarded with distinction
- 2006 Master of Communications, Victoria University, New Zealand, awarded with distinction
- 2000 - 2004 Unisys project management training programme, Unisys, New Zealand
- 1999 Bachelor of Commerce, Canterbury University, New Zealand
Highlights include winning the BREEAM New Talent Award 2016 for a paper on ‘Comparative Study of Demand Response Requirements in Green Building Assessment Schemes’ and work for UK clients on EV smart-grid propositions, development of leading-edge EV-to-Grid consumer propositions and solutions.
Memberships and Awards
- BREEAM New Talent Award 2016
- 2018 - Energy and Buildings Journal - ‘Comparative Analysis of Demand Response Estimation Methods in Buildings’
- 2017 - IEEE Proceedings - ‘Demand Side Response Aggregators: how do they decide customer suitability’
- 2017 - Book Chapter - ‘Demand Side Flexibility and Responsiveness: moving demand in time through technology’ in the book ‘Demanding Energy: Space, Time and Change’
- English (native)