Learn from subject experts
Online learning, generally understood to mean learning experiences provided over a digital network, can be self-directed or instructor-led, and can be synchronous (live interactions) or asynchronous (delayed interactions). Our trainers are qualified to train and experts in their subject.
Courses for horses
- Just-in-time job aids
- Compliance training, induction, on-boarding programs.
- Learners with special needs
- Performance support tools
- Just-in-time job aids accessible on your learners mobile phone.
Learners can work remotely
- Our learning management system, Moodle, has a free app for flexible offline learning.
- When offline, learners can still access content through the Moodle App and keep learning.
- The app is handy during commutes, or when learners living or work in remote areas where the internet connection might be unstable.
- We can keep learners engaged and motivated by sending tailored messages at the right time, so they don’t miss anything and continue to progress through their learning.
- Accessing online courses with the app is easier than navigating and logging into courses with a web browser.
Self-directed learners grow
Self-directed learning (SDL) is significantly more effective than traditional training.
- Motivates learners by giving them complete control of their learning.
- Puts the onus on real learning and determination of one's own learning pathway, not tracking and grading.
- Can be evaluated using an evaluation rubric.
- Creates more engaged, motivation and a learning pool that is committed to this model of learning.
- Is propelled by the learner's clear sense of purpose.
Let us help you establish self-directed learning (SDL) programmes; they are one of the most satisfying and powerful ways for people and organisations to develop.
In our society and traditional educational frameworks, competition is valued over cooperation.
Collaborative learning (CL) has many well researched benefits, including:
- CL helps to develop a social support system for learners;
- CL builds diversity of understanding among students and staff;
- CL establishes a positive atmosphere for modelling and practising cooperation necessary to high-performing teams;
- CL develops learning communities.
- Student-centred instruction increases students' self esteem;
- Cooperation reduces anxiety;
- CL develops positive attitudes towards learning.
- CL Promotes critical thinking skills and better student engagement and retention;
- Students learn problem solving techniques from each other;
- Large groups can be broken down into smaller, more personal groups;
- CL develops higher level thinking skills. Learners working in pairs formulate their ideas, discuss them, receive immediate feedback, and respond to questions and answers from their peers;
- CL is especially helpful in motivating students in specific subjects;
- Trainers can assess or evaluate collaborative work utilising a variety of models.
"Excellent training. I have a much wider knowledge and understanding of batteries in standby power system applications that may help me in project execution, and most importantly in tendering for new projects where I need a clear understanding of clients requirements" (Eduardo Estrellado, Engineer, ABB Global Project Team, Manilla)."I just attended a training session on UPS systems with Vanya. Good training. That guy has vast experience." (Kelvin Sim, Deputy Business Unit Manager, ABB Singapore).
"Thank you so much for the standby power systems training you delivered to my team. The feedback from my guys is very positive. This will definitely contribute to the team getting on its feet sooner. Hope to see you here again for some follow-up sessions in the coming months." (Reynaldo Regenio, Global Product Line Manager, ABB Power Products Division, Philippines.)
"My entire National Field Services Engineering group attended a one week training course on maintaining industrial battery chargers and batteries. We learned everything that we need to know to maintain our mission-critical standby power systems that support the aircraft landing radar at airports across Australia." (Mario Perin, National Field Services Engineering Manager, AirServices Australia Ltd)
"These guys' course, Learn to Negotiate, has given me an increased awareness of significant contract terms and conditions, provided me with principles to consider when preparing for a negotiation, and a range of practical strategies and tools that I can use to persuade the other side to accept more reasonable contract terms. My team and I also feel more confident that we can achieve acceptable settlement of disputes, should they arise. We are also more aware of the importance of pooling our collective contracting experience to ensure that past errors are not repeated." (Mike Tyson ;-)
Our team is proficient at crafting strategic interviews to gather information about gaps in knowledge, skills, or competencies in your workforce. With this valuable information in hand, we build a roadmap for learning solution that will meet your workforce’s needs.
If possible we visit - even virtually is good - your workplace to get a feel for the culture, work environment, and day-to-day routines that make your company tick. Site visits give us a unique perspective into your employees’ professional lives, and we imbue your course content with this information which makes it more relatable for your workforce.
Our team is skilled at facilitating online focus groups to help us get to know your employees' perspectives on what approach to training would work best. By getting to know your employees better, we not only gain valuable insight into what kind of learning content they might need, we also learn more about them as people, as professionals, and about their learning goals.
Anonymous surveys often yield information not presented to us during site visits or focus groups. Anonymous or surveys help us to see your people's perspectives on what needs to improve.
Learning Design Recommendations
Once we’ve completed our comprehensive analysis, we will compile our findings into qualitative and quantitative results called a Learning Design Recommendations Report. This report consists of our analysis of the gaps in knowledge, skills and competencies and their root causes. It also outlines our recommendations for training interventions that will fill those gaps and build an environment that suits learners from on-boarding, job aids, etc.., to performance mastery.
From sizing, selecting, installing and testing lead-acid batteries to business negotiation skills, Western, Chinese and Muslim business ethics; we have developed and delivered training courses that teach skills, competencies and knowledge on a wide variety of 'soft' and 'hard' topics.
Please talk with us about customising standard courses to suit your individual, team and organisational training needs.
A single contracting mistake can result in disproportionate loss. This course on negotiation is primarily intended for use in sales contract or project claim negotiations, but the general techniques described can also be used in other negotiation situations.
- Category: Project Management, Business Development, Soft-skills
- Difficulty: Advanced
This course is intended for anyone working on commercial or industrial projects that require batteries, anyone who is selling, purchasing, tendering for or executing a project involving batteries for standby DC or AC power system applications.
- Category: Batteries, DC Power Systems, Power Systems
- Difficulty: Beginner