Listening is our number one job. Clients hire us to solve a problem or provide advice and services. To do so effectively we must first understand exactly what you need. Not only are our consultants good listeners, they also ask the right questions.
To solve problems we first gather facts about our client's current reality. We gather information about people, systems, historical data, reports, processes, policies and so forth, with which to form a fresh perspective.
Using the data we collect, we study our client's reality. This gives us a better idea of the sources of the problem and indicates options.
After analysing the data we gathered, we then synthesise our findings into conclusions and recommendations.
The practical experience that our Associates bring plays a huge role in the quality of the recommendations they make. It is the experience of our consultants that makes their recommendations to improve your organisation, it's processes, operations, or whatever we have been asked to work on, valuable.
We make recommendations via meetings, written reports and presentations.
We catalyse change
Sometimes a long-established organisation needs a gentle push from an outsider to break free of its well-worn ruts. We act as catalysts to make new things happen in your organisation. We may advocate for a set of recommendations or push for the adoption of a product or service. We advocate for new ways of doing business.
Many of our clients want and expect us to help them implement our recommendations. Being external to your organisation helps us maintain a steady course for you and not be distracted by internal, political, or systemic issues.
- Help you develop vision, strategy and policy;
- Lead complex programmes;
- Manage or assist on projects;
- Consult with you and your staff to develop new services, products, business processes and implement new technology;
- Improve operating performance, reducing costs and spend;
- Deliver turnover growth, creating winning proposals;
- Research, feasibility, and trade studies; bench-marking;
- Leverage global supplier connections and customer networks;
- Turn-around of under-performing businesses or products;
- Manage supply chain performance and relationships;
- Optimise value streams, business process design and improvement;
- Resolve commercial disputes, providing mediation and negotiation support;
- Create tomorrow’s leaders through mentoring and coaching;
- Deliver bespoke and foundational technical and commercial training;
- Implement a powerful, scalable, and easily customizable, cloud ERP system with more than 30 integrated business applications;
- Discuss of business development services with you.
- Sugar-coat our observations and recommendations.
- Create problems where none exist.
- Bite off more than we can chew.
- Neglect you to chase next clients.
- Forget that 'a little humility goes a long way'.
We advocate Open Source
- Ethos Power Associates operates entirely on Open Source applications.
- We operate on, support, mentor, train and collaborate with our clients, using these Open Source packages:
- NextCloud: a GDPR compliant, end-to-end encrypted, efficient and easy to use online collaboration platform for teams (similar to G Suite but your data is completely private);
- Axelor ERP: powerful, scalable, and easily customizable, cloud ERP system with more than 30 integrated business applications;
- OpenProject: collaborative project management platform;
- Moodle: online learning management system;
- Mahara: e-portfolio for self-directed learning;
- Discourse: modern discussion and help forum.
We would be delighted to help you establish your own instances of these packages, or use ours.
We create useful web apps
Try these useful free web-apps,
created by our Associates.
Hybrid power system simulator.
by Julius Susanto.
EN50272-2 hydrogen venting calculator.
by Vanya Smythe.
IEEE485-based standby DC power system sizing and cost estimator
by Vanya Smythe.
We won't harvest or disclose your data to others, use it for marketing, or contact you (unless you ask us to).
Please share these apps in your networks.